The Mechanoadaptation and Caveolae Biology Lab at CNIC led by Prof. Miguel Ángel del Pozo is recruiting a postdoctoral fellow to lead an emerging research line on mechanisms regulating tumor immunity through stromal remodeling. The selected candidate will combine state-of-the-art immunobiology and exosome biology, advanced omics and biophysics with advanced mouse models of disease, in collaboration with top laboratories in the field (Dr. David Sancho, CNIC-Madrid, and Prof. Ignacio Melero CIMA-Navarra) to explore the cellular and molecular links between tumor stromal architecture and tumor immunomodulation. The project has recently been awarded an AECC grant (“Caveolin-1-dependent stromal remodeling: a potential novel target for cancer immunotherapy”).
We welcome highly motivated candidates to apply to the upcoming Juan de la Cierva postdoctoral programs, as well as other suitable international programmes such as AACR Immuno-oncology Research Fellowships, EMBO LTF, MSCA-IEF or HFSP, if mobility requirements are met. Eligible candidates should possess a strong academic record, with first authorship of at least one Q1 publication. Previous experience in preferentially in immunology, but also in extracellular matrix biology, tumor immunity, proteomics, and/or research with animal models, will be very positively valued.
A PDF enclosing a letter of motivation, CV and contact details of 3 references should be addressed to the team’s Scientific Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Informal inquiries for further information can be requested at +34 914531200, ext. 1161.
Links of interest:
1. L. Albacete-Albacete, […] MA del Pozo. “ECM deposition is driven by caveolin1-dependent regulation of exosomal biogenesis and cargo sorting”.(2020) J Cell Biol 219(11):e202006178. doi: 10.1083/jcb.202006178.
2. MA del Pozo, F. Lolo, A. Echarri. “Caveolae: mechanosensing and mechanotransduction devices linking membrane trafficking to mechanoadaptation”. (2020) Curr Op Cell Biol Nov 11;68:113-123. doi: 10.1016/j.ceb.2020.10.008.3
3. A. Echarri, […] MA del Pozo. “An Abl-FBP17 mechanosensing system couples local plasma membrane curvature and stress fiber remodeling during mechanoadaptation”. (2019) Nat Commun 10, 5828
4. Moreno-Vicente R, […] MA del Pozo. “Caveolin-1 Modulates Mechanotransduction Responses to Substrate Stiffness through Actin-Dependent Control of YAP”. (2018) Cell Rep 25(6):1622-1635.e6
5. S Minguet, […] MA del Pozo. “Caveolin-1-dependent BCR nanoscale organization prevents B cell malfunction and autoimmunity”. (2017) Nat Immunol (10):1150-1159
6. I Navarro-Lérida, […] MA del Pozo. “Rac1 nucleocytoplasmic shuttling drives nuclear shape changes and tumor invasion”. (2015). Dev Cell 32:318-334. # Highlighted by Dev Cell “Previews”
7. R Strippoli, […] MA del Pozo. “Caveolin-1 deficiency induces a MEK-ERK1/2-Snail-1-dependent epithelial-mesenchymal transition and fibrosis during peritoneal dialysis”. (2015) EMBO Mol Med. Mar;7(3):357
8. RG Parton, MA del Pozo. “Caveolae as plasma membrane sensors, protectors and organizers” (2013) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol Feb;14(2):98-112
10. JG Goetz, […] MA del Pozo “Biomechanical remodeling of the microenvironment by stromal caveolin-1 favors tumor invasion and metastasis” (2011) Cell Jul 8;146(1):148-63